Starting 1 Jan 2020
St David's Anglican Church - Belfast
Part of the Northwest Christchurch Anglican Parish
St David’s Anglican Church is located at 831 Main North Road, Belfast, Christchurch. The church, designed in 1902, and officially opened in 1903, replaced an earlier structure built in c1855. The church has significance as the site of one of the city’s earliest places of worship; as a site of Anglican worship in the present church for over a century, as a fine early Arts and Crafts church, and one of the few churches designed by prominent architect Samuel Hurst Seager.
Built as a memorial to the early settlers of Belfast, there is a need to retain the cultural, spiritual and architectural significance of this building and preserve it for future generations.